Since the beginning of time I've wanted to trek out to the redwood forests & see what those beautiful trees had to offer. It wasn't until just a few weeks ago that I was able to make this wish come true. I remembered that I had a hefty number of frequent flyer miles lying around & decided that I would book Bekah & I flights to the middle of nowhere California. This ended up being a great decision. We even got to ride on the tiniest little prop plane (which I was stoked about).
We arrived knowing next to nothing about the area we had just touched down in. The airport we flew to in Arcata, California was the smallest place ever. It was literally one room. We picked up our rental car & instantly fell in love. We named her Nelly & took off into the great unknown which was northern California. We stopped at a diner where I ate the most delicious ham & cheese omelet of my life & then we headed north. The drive was nice. A perfect combination of ocean & the forest. During this time we had our first encounter with the redwoods. We were in shock. Never have I seen such massive & beautiful trees in all my days. We arrived at Jedediah Smith state park & explored that whole place. Driving, hiking & splashing in rivers all day long. We were awe struck to say the least. There were so many times we would simply stop walking stand there & attempt to take in our surrounding. I quickly realized this was one of the most magical places I had ever been in my life, bar none. We then headed into Crescent City & checked into our ghetto motel. We loved it & the Asian owner. After some sketchy Thai food we decided to roam around the fog kissed beach. Again, words cannot describe how perfect everything was or how happy we were just to be alive. While searching for a lighthouse we stumbled upon a perfect little cove where we ended our day.













No comments:
Post a Comment