Two nights ago while lying in my room with Jess, a combination of boredom and sleep deprivation brought me to do an unsmart thing. [I also blame it on my timeless obsession with Zooey Deschannel and the blatant fact that she is my fashion icon.] I decided that I needed to cut me some bangs.. RIGHT THEN. No warning. Cold turkey. I have been itching to do such a thing for awhile but wasn't planning on doing it for a few months and/or until I was emotionally prepared for the consequences. Regardless I handed Jessica a pair of scissors and told her to cut a good eight inches off. Being the awesome friend that she is, she did just that. The results were a bit... disappointing. I tried the laugh instead of cry approach but that only lasted for a couple of hours. At that point I started saying absurd things such as, "They are probably going to tell me that they filled the position at my new job after they see my hair." "Well on the bright side this adds an extra two years onto my estimated wedding date" "Being told that my hair looks like Lloyd's off Dumb & Dumber was only a minor set back in my day" Etc. Etc. I have now come to terms with my new do. Well maybe not really but I'm done being overly dramatic. Word to the wise, impulsive behavior can be deadly. This picture is overly flattering, it doesn't actually posses this much charm.
No comments:
Post a Comment