Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Itchin' On A Photograph.

Gosh you guys. Zhangjiajie was surely among the most wonderful places I have ever been. I was smitten from day one. We were able to go to both Zhangjiajie National Park as well as Tianmen Mountain. I will try to avoid making this a wordy post & let the pictures do the talking. Oh & I suppose if you want to get a better feel of how things were you would need to eat a peanut butter sandwich & listen to this song because that's what I did the whole time.Enjoy!
Get a load of this neat Ferris wheel contraption. 
My sorry attempt at being an Avatar. 
I look like Moses about to part the Red Sea or something but focus on how clear the water in that river is. 
Every time the guys carrying these would pass us they would automatically assume that we wanted a ride. Like hey look foreigners, they must be fat & lazy! I'd be lying if I said they didn't look fun though. 
You can only imagine how intense our drive on that road was. 
Such a foggy morning. You literally couldn't see five feet in front of you half of the time. It was pretty rad. 
The glass railway was the best & trippiest thing ever. 
They wanted us to wear these dorky things. 
I said stick it to the man.
We rode the Bailong Elevator. Which is supposed to be the tallest outdoor elevator in the world. 
We spent a few nights at a hostel in the village & as always I was in love with it. We also scored another private room without paying for it. Cha Ching!
Found a little place to get fish pedicures in the middle of the mountains. It tickled so bad but was awesome nonetheless. 
So many crazy taxi rides.
I've said it before I'll say it again. I'm the worlds biggest fan of sleeper trains. I really want to live on one. Something about the yellow stained sheets & fact that they lock hundreds of strangers in a tin can just gets me. So naturally I had to have a photo shoot on our last one in China. Such a sad thing. 
We had a lot of fun making everyone look like Avatars. 
Just us in our natural habitat. Basking in travel glamour. 
Ohhhhh the places they'll sleep. 
The little time we spent outside of the mountains was also quite lovely. 
She was washing her tea set in this fountain & I thought it was the cutest thing. 
Just a grandma  chillin in a pile of garbage. What of it?
They are always so resourceful. 
Random animals in the middle of the road. Always.
The nights got pretty weird. I think these blurry photos can attest to that. 
& that concludes Zhangjiajie. 



No comments:

Post a Comment