Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

Twilight Concert Series.

It's been years now that the Twilight Concert Series has brought me a plethora of joy but this year was an especially wonderful one. I attended all of the shows except for Erykah Badu & Ludacris, which I didn't loose any sleep over. I can assure you that every venture I made north was worth it & full of excitement. The line up went as follows..
-We started with Belle & Sebastian & Blitzen Trapper which was easily one of my favorite shows. It's always exciting to see a band you've loved for ages play live.
-Next we had the Flaming Lips. It was surely a bizarre show. They once said in a documentary "We aren't very good at playing music so we just focus on our stage presence." I can assure you that they do just that. From metal space ships to plastic babies they quickly put me into a trance.
The National & Sharon Van Etten were pure genius. Again those older bands really know their stuff.
-Grizzly Bear & Youth Lagoon. The vibes I felt throughout all my teenage year were floating through the air.
-Kid Cudi was a WEIRD scene. So many hood rats & so much weed. My butt was grabbed far too many times for my liking. My darling roommates & I had a great time though especially during this extended version of pursuit of happiness. 
-Empire of The Sun was such a gooooood time. I don't think we stopped dancing the whole show & I crowed surfed so that was nice. 
-Last but not least MGMT was as dreamy as ever. Nothing like getting your electric feel on. 
I'd easily say the whole series was a feat. Tens across the board, no spalsh!  

No comments:

Post a Comment