I saw this commercial today & couldn't help but be a bit appalled. My first response was simply shoot what has our world come to.. I can't even wrap my head around the idea of this being acceptable. Yet I know that this is something that our society often isn't even questioning. There are so many people who will view this commercial & not even think twice about it. Obviously I understand that there is satire laced within it all but this is what the media is feeding us.Quite frankly this is what we are accepting. It is overwhelmingly ironic.
It suggests that our happiness can be created by material objects. All that really matters is that this family has a nice house, huge pool & fancy Cadillac. What doesn't seem to matter is the fact the kids are aimlessly sitting inside messing around on electronics while they could be outside enjoying the beautiful day. Or that the husband and wife pass by each other with no real interaction. We so willingly waste our lives away trying to earn paper but for what? Isn't time the most important thing? Its all very discomforting but serves as an invitation for change. It can be encouragement to break the mold & realize that material items don't provide us with happiness. So what do you say we show these fools that money isn't everything or even better that it's really nothing.
AMEN girlfriend. Amen. This commercial bugged me wayy bad.
ReplyDelete