Last Saturday was a pretty dang eventful day & here’s
why. One of the girls in my group named Madison had a birthday coming up so we
decided that we should throw her a surprise celebration. I told her we were
having a meeting but really we just got together at the beloved Gorky Park
& ate pizza. That’s right we had delicious Papa John’s pizza & hung out
in Moscow’s Central Park. We live the good life here. We then did our typical
exploring & enjoyed what is one of the most beautiful parks ever. We also found a Mcdonald's that wasn't closed! (They've closed most of them in retaliation to the sanctions)So we were able to drink our weight in diet coke like the white girls we are.
We then boarded a ferry & cruised down the Moscow River.
It was pretty dang cool & we saw a lot of rad buildings. I rarely remember
their names but there are a few that I do recall.
Cathedral of Christ the Saviour.
This is one of Stalin’s Seven Sister buildings.
So apparently this was
originally made to be Christopher Columbus but when Russia received it they
decided that it should be Alexander the Great or St. Pete or something like that. Because Russians do what they want when they want you know?
This is the back side of
the Kremlin.
Here are some more of those super cute pictures.
After we went to the Novospassky monastery. IT WAS THE COOLEST. We were
asked to put scarves over our heads & that made the experience feel really
authentic. We were able to go inside of the cathedral & let me just tell
you it was one of the most amazing things I’ve ever seen. The whole place was
covered (literally everywhere you looked) in the most beautiful paintings of Christ
& other saints. We weren’t able to take pictures & quite frankly I’m
glad. Pictures would never do it justice & sometimes it’s nice to just take
in something beautiful for what it is & not worry about capturing it. There
was an undeniable peace/spirit there & I loved that. We then walked around
the grounds, looked at tombstones, bought blessed food & engraved rings from
the nuns, & watched the monks. Some of those monks were kind of hot. Is
that bad of me to say? Either way it was cool to see their living quarters
& stuff. Oh & they had nasty squatters there that made me feel like I
was in China again.
That evening we went at ate at this delicious place called My-My’s (Moo-Moo’s in English) I’d highly recommend it if you’re ever in the neighborhood.
It’s super cheap & delicious. We then spent more time at Gorky Park. That
place is seriously a dream come true. After we went to the coolest Cosmopolitan
party. They were celebrating twenty years or some nonsense like that &
there were all sorts of great things going on. There was a concert, photo
booths, free makeovers, you know just your average vain girl stuff. Funny that
we were even at this big cosmopolitan party right? Well what's even funnier is that we
were super underdressed. Most of the women looked like they had just stepped off the red
carpet. I learned something about Russian women while I was at this party.
There is no shame in their game. Seriously, you should have seen the poses that
these gals were striking. They really could be on the cover of cosmopolitan. We
made fun of them a little as shown below.
Bailey & I then went home to her empty apartment, soaked
our feet, drank hot chocolate & laughed at these stupid pictures.
Here’s to another beautiful day in the motherland!
























No comments:
Post a Comment