Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Magic Mountain.

It’s nearly impossible to keep up on everything when there are constantly eventful things taking place. I’m perfectly fine with that fact but it’s surely the reason for the scattered posts & outdated photos. Things have been great & Russia finally feels like home. Here are some things...

-Imagine a street full of random performers, countless cafes, cobblestone roads, art, colorful buildings, old school lamp posts & you have Arbat Street. Nestled in the center of Moscow, Arbat Street is easily the most European location I've been to since my arrival.I love it & it's surrounding area.
-I’m growing more & more fond of the kids every day. I need to take more pictures of them. This is “$teven” he insisted that we make a selfie. He picked the filter, changed his face ten times in order to get the right angle & managed to snap this photo with his shaking hands. I think it is so funny.
-We spent a day at the Kremlin. It was cool. I don’t have a whole lot to say about it other then the buildings were pretty & the military men terrifying. They were swarming that place. Luckily half of them were smitten by Bailey so they seemed a little less intimidating.
-I can get Chai fraps here. So my white girl lives on & that’s a beautiful thing. I love how they write our names in Russian.
-We went to a Russian Ballet. Giselle to be precise. It was good. I’m not a huge ballet person, like at all. BUT a combination of snacks & Bailey constantly explaining the plot to me got me through.
-Angus & Julia Stone’s new album has surely been the soundtrack of the last  month of my life. Oh also The Drums finally came out with a new album. It’s dark & awesome.
-Red Square. I think I was there on three separate occasions just last weekend alone. It’s my favorite place. There was a massive anti-war protest there last Sunday. So that’s pretty nuts. The political situation here blows my mind.
-Speaking of the political situation. Russia has closed down several of the McDonalds in Moscow because of the sanctions. Okay so whatever I can’t eat a cheeseburger or mcflurry for the next three months. Big deal, I don’t even eat in McDonalds in the states. But what you probably don’t understand is that McDonald’s is a life source to a foreigner. It’s a place you know will always be warm, clean, have free bathrooms, wifi, diet coke & endless fatty food items. It’s just not fair to take that peace of mind away from someone. All I’m saying is our countries need to kiss & make up so that Mcdouble can live on. 
& that's a wrap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment