Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Lithuania.

Saturday morning we hopped on a bus to Lithuania. It was only a four hour ride but holy smokes it was rough. The bus was like a furnace & I thought I was going to lose my mind. As soon as we got there we headed for a little cafĂ© that I had been recommended. Cozy's was the name & man it didn’t disappoint. They served me a bacon cheeseburger & fries (for only six bucks), had nudes in the bathrooms & poked fun at Russia’s political situation. It was the greatest place.
The rest of the day we mostly just wandered around every part of that town. We hit all the must see buildings, went to the best coffee shop/book store, got amazing homemade ice cream, went up to the Gediminas’ Tower, The Three Crosses & much more. 
The crosses got my vote for best activity! Even with the 200 stairs it took to get there. 
They had diet coke & coke zero there, which is hard to come by in Russia. I don't even drink soda but just the fact that I can't get it in Russia made it enticing & exciting.I love that Coca Cola rocks this marketing strategy everywhere.  
Jess would buy a whole baguette for our bus rides & that made me love her even more than I already do. 
I wish I had more in me to give exciting details but it's safe to safe Lithuania was awesome & deserving of another visit. Farewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment