Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

June 9, 2012

3 a.m. is a wretched hour to start your day. Especially when you hit the sack at one in the morning. Saturday, June 9th, this was the case. I'd known what was to come but a combination of laziness and stupidity left me unprepared. When I arrived at the starting line I was in shock at how many people were willingly freezing to death, just waiting for the race to start. People are insane. Since three miles strikes me as a fulfilling workout and I hadn't trained, I knew that this race would be a fun one. The first eight miles were cake. I was surprised as to how easy it was to enjoy the beauty of Provo Canyon. I listened to songs similar to this one, all was well. The next three were borderline, but the two that followed were not so hot. Being able to see the finish line but not quite being there was rough. I even resorted to listening to Janet Jackson in an effort to maintain a positive demeanor. It was good for me. The whole running thing. I’m no champion. Heck anyone can run thirteen miles but it was awesome to spend time with my family. After the race I wen't on a couple of dates. On one we went swimming at The Crater in Midway (I'm pretty sure it was on The Bachelor once upon a time) and had a picnic. Another we went to a concert on Main Street followed by the fair/fireworks for Orem days. Oh & then went and got some pie. It was all quite splendid and I got the best sleep of my life that night. 





No comments:

Post a Comment