Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sugar, Sugar.

    I woke up this morning with a head of messy hair and a heart full of hope. It's been a splendid couple of days. I've met more people in the last three days than I have in the last year. It isn't one of those things that can be summed up in writing for it was too great. Refreshing really. Life is so beautiful and it cracks me up how simple it is. All superficial complexity aside we generally all want the same things and strive for nothing more than love and happiness. We struggle to take care of ourselves and dwell on the little things that other people do but when the chips are down we just want to be happy. I think we toss the word happiness around too lightly. Like it's something that is programmed into us, with little meaning, but really that's what it's all about. I have this friend who constantly asks me "Are you happy?" His almost redundant questioning got me thinking about the importance of happiness and the huge role that it really does play in our lives. So to end this rant I challenge you to happiness and leave you a nice quote..                  
   Someone Asked the Dalai Lama What Surprises Him Most. This Was His Response.“Man, because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and the he dies having never really lived.”
   Lastly, can we just take a minute and look at these stellar pictures from my childhood, back when things were the upmost simple. 


2 comments:

  1. You were the cutest little kid! Also, I really LOVE your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stinkin cute! That picture of you dancing hahaha love it! And that Dalai Lama quote is my fave!

    ReplyDelete