Its 2013 & I have a few things to share.
I've made a last minute decision to move to China for a little bit! I will be leaving in the middle of Feburary & returning the end of June. I'm going to live in Zhongshan & teach English to cute little Asain babies. I'm thrilled! It's funny how everything has worked out for me and how inconveniently convenient the timing has been. So get ready for an Asian Invasion in less than 50 days.
I've only had an energy drink twice in my life & last night was one of those occasions. I didn't like it one bit. I was tripping hard all night long and I thought my heart was going to explode. Moral of the story is, when you are already blessed with the energy of a 10 year old don't push your limits.
I went & saw Blind Pilot play again. They get better every time. As always we had a good time dancing & an even better time watching the drunk guy in front of us. I really hate this picture of me because I look like a boy but my friends look cool [especially Levi who resembles a Russian] so that's all that matters.
I went on a really amazing hike on Sunday. [I will never get over this sickness because I can't help but trek through the mountains.] It was simply me and the snow and the trees. The snow was untouched other than
animal tracks and everything was so peaceful. There was this time that about twenty deer surrounded me and didn't run away. I only got a picture of a handful of them but it was really cool. Also, I went to my favorite place again. It's even more beautiful covered in the snow.
Bombay Bicycle Club announced that they are coming out with a new album!!! I can't even explain how excited I am!!!
I've made a handful of resolutions for the new year. Many in which I will unfortunately fail to carry through but I've made one that I'm incredibly dedicated to keeping. The month of December has been an especially hard one for me [This is not in an effort to bring about a poor Alexa moment. I am perfectly fine & blessed.] & it's helped me realize who is genuinely concerned about me. It's helped me pinpoint which of my friendships are artifical and which ones are real.It's not to say that these people don't love me but they neglect making the effort to show me they do. The worst part is that I've realized I often do this to others. We all do this to each other. We become so wrapped up in what we are doing that we fail to show those around us that we care about them. So i'm going to put forth a diligent effort this year to be more receptive to people's feelings and personalize my relationships a little more. A little extra effort from us all would make for awesome social support systems & happier lifestyles. So why not give it a shot?
I love this video & am a firm believer that even the worst of dancers should bust a move.
Happy New Year!



winter wonderland! love you:)
ReplyDelete