Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Post About Animals & Good Food.

Talk about a lame blog title... Sooooo I've been avoiding blogging again because life is far too eventful for documentation. Fortunately & unfortunately I have lost my voice & am currently craving any sort of communication. So I figure this is the perfect opportunity to share some stuff. I suppose I will dedicate this post to a wonderful weekend spent in Guangzhou. Here are some perks..
-We got to ride the metro a lot. I love the metro.
-Our hostel was the greatest place ever. Regardless of the mold on the walls & nasty community bathroom, the environment & people were lovely. I was especially fond of an attractive Finnish guy we met & our witty roommate. Both with the most darling accents. 

-Going to the Safari Park. It was a dream come true. I'm not kidding. SO MANY ANIMALS. Every animal imaginable & at least ten of each kind. One of the coolest parts was that very few animals were caged so they just roamed free. Cars were constantly stopping because a giraffe or some animal was in the middle of the road. Not to mention the park was a jungle. We were able to feed a baby tiger, giraffes & monkeys. As well as get kisses from & ride elephants. I don't think I will ever be able to go to a normal zoo again! 
-Found a subway!! It was the most exciting & delicious thing ever. Although it tasted very little like the subway in america. It was just so wonderful to see cheese & meat without bones! 
-Went to district conference. It was so amazing to see all the members in The Guangdong Province. Although the numbers were few it was neat to hear what brought people to China & their experiences being a member over here. Then all the ILP teachers from Zhongshan went to a member of the presidency's beautiful home [on the 32nd floor of a building] & had lunch. You would have thought that we had never seen food before. But what do you expect when you stick hungry foreigners in a room full of corn bread & chocolate cake?
I'm fully aware that was a picture overload but that's what happens when you take two hundred pictures in one day. Peace playas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment