Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

All Things China.

I feel as if I have soooo much to catch up on. I could write novels about the happenings of the last few weeks but time is of the essence. In an effort to catch up here are some more thrilling bullet points. 
-The fruit markets over here are wonderful. So many delicious items to partake of, many which I have never seen in my life. The mini bananas being my personal favorite. 
-The meat markets on the other hand are awful. They are like something straight out of a horror movie. EVERY single part of the animal is up for display & it smells horrendous. Also, the floor is always sopping wet. Heaven only knows why. Maybe its for the fish that are often flopping at your feet. 
-We shower in a bucket. 
-There is an attractive Asian teacher at our school. I never thought I would see the day. 
-We will walk up to people who are smoking & say "You should really stop smoking it will kill you. You're dumb." and they just stare at us. They have no idea what we are saying. It's such a fun little game! I'm just worried for the day that it backfires on us. 
-They have multiflavored Oreos over here. Rad. 
-Everything & nothing goes over here. People will just pull their pants down & start going to the bathroom on a busy street but you aren't supposed to wear flip flops or chew gum in public. I will never understand. 
-I saw a man scale a building the other day. 
-We go to the salon & have them wash our hair, give us a scalp/back massage & style our hair. We call it "washy, washy." It is heaven on earth and soooo cheap. I'm addicted.  
-The people rock. 
-They are obsessed with water. Their response to everything is "Drink more water." They have a sign that says those exact words on the wall. It's hilarious. They make the kids take a water break every twenty minutes. 
-This is what most people on the bus look like. 
-I drink this chocolate soy milk every day.One of the Chinese teachers straight up asked me why I'm not fat. The people aren't afraid to say anything. Whatever they think they vocalize.    
-It was the Chinese New Year awhile back so they were constantly setting off fireworks. They were so loud. When I heard the first one at about 4:00 a.m. I was convinced that someone had dropped a bomb. They continued to set them off everywhere until about midnight & I really didn't like it. Apparently it's something they do often. 
-I feel so rich over here. 1 American dollar= 6.1 RMB. I paid four dollars for a pair of shoes the other day & I felt like I had been ripped off. It's a beautiful thing. 
-The super markets are also beautiful. They are like an amusement park in the fact that they are so colorful & fun. 
-We went to Shiqi for a Bond banquet. It is such a beautiful city. We all got to wear tacky orange jackets & do as the Asians told us. It was weird being around white people, seeing as I have yet to see a white person in our city. We all rode bikes around while they followed us in cars videoing/taking pictures of us. Then we ate a whole bunch of food. 
-They love to watch us perform. I'm convinced that they just like to make fun of the silly Americans dancing but either way we busted a move to Numa Numa in an effort to please them. On the plus side we won 500 yuan for "Most Extraordinary Performance." 
-We were given these awesome ponchos that "be easy to carry abort." 
-We never know what we are eating. We've learned not to ask. It's not rare for us to find claws in our meal.
Bye Bye now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment