Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Airports & Stuff.

Greetings my darlings! I am happy to announce that I am now living in China. Things have been nothing shy of unreal since I got here! For the sake of organization I will start by telling a little about my excursion over here. [Maddi if you are reading this you will notice that I copied and pasted some stuff from my email to you. It only seemed logical but I apologize for being redundant nonetheless.]
-Over 36  hours of straight traveling is hard on the body. But when I was been able to sleep it was wonderful.
-I love airports.
-My 13 hour flight ended up being pretty painless thanks to the AMAZING perks of Korean Airlines. The planes are so dang nice and massive. The flight attendants looked like the Beauxbatons from Harry Potter and they did nothing but feed us food the whole time. Also we each had our own TV. So I just watched a ton of movies, listened to Korean pop music, & played Tetris. I was also able to sit next to my friend Cinnamon [who has the coolest dreads in the world], so that helped too!
-The Korean city lights [at night] are the most amazing thing that I have ever seen in my life. They have legit light shows on some of the buildings. Everything there is so colorful and well lit.
-We stayed in the nicest hotel in Korea. They fed us like royalty & even had a couple of fancy Koreans perform for us while we ate. The shower and toilet were weird though.
-The airport in Seoul was crazy cool and apparently one of the biggest in the world. There was a full mall, movie theater and ice skating rink inside.
-They tried to give me wine on every flight. Although I kindly declined I kind of liked it because it made me feel old.
-Shortly after arriving in China we hoped on a bus. I literally thought we were going to die. They drive like mad men over here. I felt like we were constantly cheating death.
-We stopped a few times before we reached our city to drop other teachers off. At one of the stops we ate dinner & I was able to experience "peanut butter noodles" [that's just what I call them] for the first time. They are delicious! I also realized how poor I am at using chopsticks. I was only able to eat 1/4 of my meal as a result. I still have not been able to figure them out & I fear that I will starve if I don't get the hang of it soon. We joke that I should make a fork necklace so that I will have one with me at all times. If that doesn't scream foreigner I don't know what does.
 That's all for now.. peace playas!

1 comment:

  1. you are so dang cute holy cow! hope youre having fun miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete