DISCLAIMER: If you are sick of reading random details about China feel free to tune out for the next four months. My blog will being serving as a superficial journal for the few things I recall about my days here. So that's that.
In other news...
-There is this man that we call The Asian Tarzan. I have seen him on three occasions & every time he brings tears of laughter to my eyes. He just walks around town in the nude, flailing his arms like it ain't no thang. I really like him.
-I went to a Chinese hospital the other day. It was dirty & there was a picture of a penis on the wall. The woman that was sharing a room with Jacks's [a student of mines] mother was the oldest women in the world. I'm not kidding. She looked like she was dead but she was snoring so loud & I couldn't help but have a mini laugh attack.
- Two words. Chinese mannequins.
-I heard LCD Soundsystem playing the other day at the Market & I was so excited!
-We jam to this everyday.
-We jam to this everyday.
- Jordan's [another student] parents had us over for dinner the other night. There was soooooo much food. I'm talking like thanksgiving status. It never ended. My favorite part of the evening was tea time. It was a really cool to experience that part of their culture & try a bunch of different types of tea.
-I keep catching myself talking in broken English. It is awful! I will say things like "Maybe we go to the market." I guess we will see who my real friends are when I get home.
-One of the other teachers & I went on the most beautiful hike. We were simply wandering around in the mountains outside our apartment. I was blown away by how beautiful & green it was. I love this place.
-The people at my salon think I got a nose job & wouldn't stop feeling it.
-We found a place to get smoothies!! We call it Montana Love & its a popular hang out for fifteen year old smoker boys. So that's a plus.
- If anyone ever suggests you chew on a tree, turn them down. Its really not that great.
-People are constantly stopping us on the side of the road & asking us to teach their kid English. It makes me sad.
-Sometimes this guy at the school sneaks us extra bread. He also paid for my snack at the convenience store the other day because I was being slow. He started tossing money at the cashier hence I call him "The Money Maker." I'm a big fan of his.
-I saw a rat the size of a ferret running down the school hallway yesterday.
-Street bread is easily one of the most delicious things to ever grace my taste buds. I've been raving about it since day one. If I could bring one thing back to America this would be it! They simply start laughing when they see we are coming back for more. Don't worry though I'm going to start limiting myself to only going four times a week. Also, is it just me or have my eyes become more squinty since I moved here? Heaven help me.
-We lay out on the roof & its so warm
outside.
-On Women's Day [Who knew that even existed right?] they had us perform our dance again. As well as participate in a skit. I'm telling you these guys love to see us make fools of ourselves. It was really fun though & they gave us flowers & other cool stuff.
outside.
-On Women's Day [Who knew that even existed right?] they had us perform our dance again. As well as participate in a skit. I'm telling you these guys love to see us make fools of ourselves. It was really fun though & they gave us flowers & other cool stuff.
-There are so many simply beautiful things throughout our city.












It looks so so pretty there. You're living the dream!
ReplyDeleteI love China posts and I love learning about that culture of theirs!
ReplyDelete