I feel like all I ever post about is my trips & it makes
me so happy that I finally have time to post about life & stuff. Every single day here in China is such an
adventure. I absolutely love waking up every morning knowing that I will
experience something unlike anything I've experienced in my life before.
I’m the
kind of person that LONGS for adventure [almost to a fault]. I’m always
planning something that I know will bring me happiness. I have found that here
in China I don’t have to plan because every day is so exciting. Mostly I just
feel really alive & blessed to be living the way that I am. This experience
has been a real eye opener for me & has made me appreciate life even more
than I did before. I want to live every day for the rest of my life like this!
With that being said here are five great things about life
lately.
1.Going to dinner with our student’s & their
parents. This is easily one of my favorite things to do. I was SO lucky to be
placed into a school with very few teachers because we get the opportunity to
go to our students homes all the time. Every time we are free someone asks us
to come to eat. Their hospitality & kindness towards us never ceases to
amaze me.
Tony is & will forever be my boo.
This is my sweet Emily with a picture that she drew for me when we went to her home. I absolutely love it! Especially because she included the blonde streak in my hair.
I was rather fond of the slippers they gave us to wear at Peter's home.
2.Grocery shopping. Who would have thought
purchasing food could be so thrilling? It always turns into a good time. Last
week we found cheese & butter in our grocery store!!! It was so exciting
[even though it’s too expensive]. You should have seen our reactions. I just can’t believe it took us almost two months
to discover such a thing.
3. The babes. I love them more & more every
day. I don’t think they could get any cuter or smarter. All of them are
constantly teaching me Chinese & translating for each other. Don’t believe
me? One of our students, Kevin is four & speaks Chinese, German &
English. Another [also four] named Peter led us home by himself throughout the
city on buses. He also serves as a translator for conversations between us and
his mom. Heck some of my students are two years old. They amaze me every day.
We had to bribed Oscar with candy to get this picture. We think he looks like a little Mexican hence we found the mustache appropriate.
So many babies clinging to my legs every day. Its the best thing ever.
This picture kills me.
I promise Jack doesn't hate the world. He's just 100% boy.
Oscar LOVES kisses.
4. KTV. The Chinese take their karaoke very
seriously. Just imagine a ritzy room full of just your friends, tons of delicious food, microphones, tacky music videos,& you have KTV. It’s a dream come true.
5.Remember those mud caves that I went to? Well
they magically healed a cyst that I’ve had on my face since November. I can’t
even tell you how stoked I am about it. The funny thing is a lady that was
trying to sell us a tour to visit them pointed to the cyst on my face & said
it will help your skin. I laughed at her but little did I know it would work
wonders. Happy days!
& five not so great things
1.Lately it rains & then rains & then
rains some more. It’s not the nice kind of rain where you throw on a sweatshirt
& enjoy some fresh air. It’s the kind of rain that makes everything muggy
& hotter than Hades.
2.While we are speaking of weather the humidity is
awful & is causing all of my clothes to mold. Nothing dries &
everything is so sticky. I've bought several dehumidifiers & they fill up with tons of water in no time at all. I’m not a huge fan.
3.I now listen to Korean pop. When I first heard
it I had nothing but bad things to say about it. Now I can’t help but love it. I've been jamming to Big Bang every day. You can’t tell me this isn't catchy. I may or may not have the beginning of this song as my alarm tone right now.
4.Boneless meat doesn't exist & now the school has even started feeding us chicken feet & fish heads. Why oh why do they find
EVERY SINGLE PART of animals so scrumptious? In other food news, we attempted to make french toast & failed so badly. This is what it ended up looking like.
5.The Chinese teachers like to do mine & all
the kid’s hair. Why they choose me I don't know. They will just say “I will do your hair.” then they will make me
look like a polygamist or G Dragon [The Korean pop star from the song above who looks like an insane girl but has the voice of a god.]
That's all for now. Farewell!

































No comments:
Post a Comment