Ahhh where to begin. Stockholm was my favorite place that we visited during our trip & that's saying something. I've always wanted to go to Sweden so I was extra stoked to finally make my dream a reality. It did not let me down. Stockholm gave me the best feeling. Like when you are six & you wake up on Christmas morning or when you are sitting next to a fire with your favorite person. It was just right.
As soon as we arrived in Sweden I was ready for business. Unfortunately we got a little turned around & ended up killing about an hour trying to find our hostel. We finally found it & quickly took off to explore. Oh & our hostel was located on a boat.
Lucky for me, I happen to be best friends with the girl who knows everyone..even in Sweden? So Bailey happens to have some sort of cousin named Kris in Stockholm & he volunteered to show us around. What a guy! It was awesome hanging out with him. He seriously made our experience 100x better. First of all, he had a car. I have been in a car like twice in the last three months. So we instantly felt cool when we hopped inside. As a result of this we were able to see a lot more of Stockholm.
He also hooked us up with awesome food. For lunch we went to this delicious place where we ate traditional Swedish food. Dinner was even more awesome. We went to a Mexican place called La Neta. Those of you that know me know that I love Mexican food. I dream about a good pork salad at least once a week. Don't believe me? Ask my father who I just told to be waiting for me at the airport with Cafe Rio. It's normal. Anyways the tacos at La Neta were amazing. Even for American standards & ESPECIALLY for European standards. We were the happiest girls in all the land. Lastly he helped us pick out the best Swedish chocolate. We bought so much. Like twenty dollars each. No shame in our game. The mint kind is heaven sent I swear.
We saw Stockholm right. We walked around the most expensive areas, went to the city hall, gamla stan & some other cool places. It was just flawless.
Swedes do this awesome thing called a fika, which is basically a coffee break where you chill out & eat something sweet. I'm all about that life, (Even though the name fika makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable). We took a fika & Kris bought us chai lattes. All was right in the world.
We also went to institute random right? It was cool to chat with some (very attractive) Swedes & folks from America. I love that the church is the same everywhere. I also love how small the lds world is. Turns out Kris' brother served with good ol Jake Brown.So here we are with Joseph, Bailey's cousin, Jake's old companion from when they served in Finland, while in Sweden freaking out over all the people we all knew.
I love Swedes. Well at least like the twenty I had the pleasure of interacting with. They have the greatest sense of humor & are good looking & they just rock.
I'm already scheming ways I can get back there. See you soon Sweden!











No comments:
Post a Comment