Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Tallinn, Estonia.

Tallinn! I am going to be completely honest in saying that I don't even think I knew that Tallinn existed until I couple months ago. WHAT A SHAME. That is one of the greatest things about the Baltic countries.. they are so underrated. No ones ever like ahh man I'm just dying to check out Latvia. BUT they should because these places rock. There is magic floating all around. Estonia was like something  straight out of a children's book. It was very much unlike anywhere I've ever been. A lot of the buildings there are suppppper old & they've done a great job at giving things that authentic feel. The old town area (where we stayed & hung out) was pretty small. So I can say in confidence that we basically hit it all. 

I fell in love with Tallinn on our first night there. Logan, Bailey & I mozied around the city for hours. It was flawless. One of those moments where you question if your reality is... well real. The weather was perfect & the cobblestone was glistening from the previous rainfall. Hardly anyone was out & all was right in the world. We made our way up to a overlook that about made me loose my mind. It was a moment too beautiful for photographs.

The next day I snapped plenty of pictures though. All the streets were so darling, I couldn't resist. Oh & Tallinn wins for having the coolest doors.
We were pretty stoked when we found Lion Bars again. Fat kid probz. 
This church creeped me out a little because all their lights looked like spines & a pelvic bones.  
One of my favorite parts about my time in Tallinn was this awesome little medieval restaurant that I can't remember the name right now. It was in the basement of this super old cathedral/building. There were only three things on the menu & it was delicious. I got the elk soup & apple pie. THAT ELK SOUP THOUGH. I raved about it for days. Heck I'm even raving about it now. They tried to keep things super legit & took a time machine approach.  Everything was lit by candles & you drank your soup without a spoon. The lady who ran the place was awesome. She would give us a hard time about everything, especially using a card to pay. We ate there multiple times. It was great.
The hostel we stayed at was called Monk's Bunks. It was rad & I really liked it. Bailey & I had a room on its own floor & it looked like a honeymoon suite. Well not really but kind of because it was covered in hearts & was super secluded. They had nice showers & overall it was a great place.

Our next ferry ride was pretty eventful. We really liked this ship because there was a lot going on! Baye & I spent two hours checking out a group of attractive men who later ALL turned out to be gay. But other than that things were nothing but peachy. This pictures depicts the pure bliss we were feeling pretty accurately. 
 Bailey lost in a game of odds &  had to walk around the ship like this. We played odds a lot on this trip & for some reason we kept loosing. We had to do some stupid things. It's the dumbest funnest game ever. Don't know what it is? Look here. Linking to urban dictionary. Is that an all time low? Either way its worth knowing about. 
Bailey & I also spent some time in the sauna & hot tub. Overall it was an wonderful experience but there was a point where we thought we were going to die in the sauna. I'm not kidding. I was having a panic attack because we put too much water on those weird stone things & I felt like I couldn't breathe. The only thing that helped was lying in fetal position & meditating. We were trying to be tough though because people do this stuff all the time & they love it! It wasn't until Bailey was convinced that her nose hairs were going to singe off that we made our big break.This is what we looked like when we came out. It was rough. 
Next stop Sweden! 



No comments:

Post a Comment