Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Banya.

Today Bailey & I experienced a classic Russian banya. It's hard to explain so I will tell the real tale in person. Bailey's host dad invited us to go to the banya with him (its great knowing rich people). So Bailey, Dima (Baye's host dad), his friend Vasa & myself made our way to the Banya. We did a little off roading & arrived in the middle of nowhere Moscow. We went down to this little wood cabin & had the funniest & most awesome experience ever. To make a really long story short we put on funny hats, almost died of heat in the banya, drank some tea & ate honey, then our massive banya man Aleksy (who was dressed in nothing but a little cloth & made sure that we know that) rubbed honey on us, whipped us with leaves, drug us outside in the snow & dumped cold water on us.(Talk about a run on sentence). Then we repeated that process a couple of times. It was one for the books!After they took us to this yummy place that served Uzbekistan food. We were the only women in the whole restaurant & they made sure that we knew that ONLY men made our food. I don't know? Anyways everyone in that place was staring at us & it clearly appeared like we were on a date with these two forty five year old men. Which is uncomfortable. They kind of were our sugar daddies for the day & what an experience it was. Here are some low quality pictures that make me laugh out loud. 
I was convinced I looked like Nacho Libre at the time this photo was taken. 


No comments:

Post a Comment