Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Snowflakes Are Dancing.

So over the weekend we took a trip to Vladimir & Suzdal. Both were quaint & beautiful. I don't have much to say seeing as most of my time was spent trying to keep myself alive. Literally it was FREEZING. It was like ten degrees but it felt like negative seventy. That humidity just doesn't do anyone favors. We could only last around ten minutes outside before we would break & go into the first building in sight to seek refuge. As a result we dress like this nowadays. Practicality wins every time. 
Luckily it was beautiful. I've never seen snow cover the earth quite like this before. It truly was magical & made the cold worth it. 
We stayed at an active monastery. It was rad & I learned that monks(Rafiel & Mihiel especially) don't like to answer their cell phones. I don't blame them! Bailey & I had a massive Mother Mary rug on the wall of our cell. We loved it. 
We ate nothing but blini on this excursion. I'm not kidding. That's when you know you are living right. I don't even feel bad about it because I'm pretty sure I burned 700,000 calories just trying to stop my organs from giving into the cold & shutting down.  
In other news I was forced to snuggle with a three hundred pound Russian man on one of our bus rides & bribe a bus driver to take us back to Moscow(although he ended up leaving us because he was shady). Here are some more pictures to conclude this silly post. 


No comments:

Post a Comment