I've been thinking a lot lately.
It's because I've actually been sleeping.
Sleep does weird things to me.
It all started when I was at Sundance Film Festival.
There was this man with a nice beard & backpack on the bus.
A large beautiful dog sat on his lap.
I watched him for almost an hour, in the least creepy way possible.
Dozens of people left & entered the bus.
He managed to make conversation with every single person that sat by him.
He told them of his many travels.
Not in a bragging manner but in an effort to relate to his new friends.
As he told of his adventures he would say "We backpacked through Alaska".
Or "We spent the evening in that city once, it's lovely".
I soon realized that he was referring to him & his dog.
This basic expression touched me.
There was an apparent happiness that this man found from the simplicity of life.
It was the upmost admirable.
It was the upmost admirable.
It made me rethink things.
I've started doing things that make me feel good.
I've started doing things that make me feel good.
Because we have no reason not to.
Hence I spill out some of the simplest forms of happiness I know as of February 3, 2012.
The kid that sits outside my English class & plays his Ukulele.
Smoke on a sweater.
Wood.
Running like a bandit.
The wisdom of Leo Tolstoy.
Confessing true feelings without fear.
The way my oceanography teacher talks with a lisp sometimes.
Climbing.
Hearing my mom smile over the phone.
Nutella.
Seeing people that have maintained hope.
Art.
The word vigilant.
The hobo that sings on the corner of State Street.
The hobo that sings on the corner of State Street.
The boy from building G.
Smiling for no reason.
An acoustic guitar.
Yelping.
Almost everything is a waste of time.
So do whatever makes you feel fine.
So do whatever makes you feel fine.

I loved this and I totally agree! Life is much better when we make time for things we actually enjoy. That's why I'm glad I'm going to enjoy time and Sunshine with you shortly. Oh and probably some kittens too.
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful. I loved that you wrote this. It's exactly what I'm realizing in my life right now and I love it!
ReplyDelete