Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

If You Can't Sleep.

I think I have slept a total of six hours in the last three days. I'm ill but it's my own fault. I jinxed myself by saying that I miss being sick. Yeah screw this. It's five something or other & I'm patiently waiting for the sun to rise so I can have one of those serene starts to my day. Regardless of feeling like my head is constantly going to explode my life is so good. I think the people in my life can attest to the fact that I'm really happy because I make it a point to tell them every five seconds. I simply cant contain my feelings regarding this joy that I haven't felt for longer than I can remember.

California was so good to me. Let me break it down for you. Tacos. Bombay. 75 degree weather (you know you are getting old when the weather becomes one of your favorite topics of conversation and not a back up for a pause of silence). Chicken & waffles. Hollywood. Ukulele. Deep talks. Homemade pizza. Overpriced Gelato. Exhaustion. Venice Canals. Architecture.  L.A.'s best thrift stores. Cheesecake factory. Food comas. Juno. Griffith Observatory. City Lights. Singing in the car. Ditty Riese. Kayaking. Seals. Trader Joes. Directions. Laughter. Fast Break cravings. HAPPINESS.

Also, Erin, Nicole & I. Rode a tandem bike. Went to an art festival. Talked to friendly artists.  Drank Starbucks. Watched a movie. Made an Italian dinner. More laughing. More music. More good food. Dein & I. Found me a climbing harnass. Went for a hike.Talked about the unseen things in life. Indulged in glaciers.Went to the park. Played some music. Watched my favorite movie.


I know, I know. It's just lot of food and laughter but I'm now able to enjoy my life and thats something to celebrate. A few more things...
- I bought my Shins ticket yesterday. Holla.
- I received free peppermint Ice cream.
- Today is the first day of Lent. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Yep. I just smiled while reading this entire post. But you forgot to mention DONUTS!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoops - looks like my morning blog stalk brought me to your blog! this post is so great and full of happiness. and let's talk about maddi's comment about donuts...appaarrrently we live by a famous donut shop that we just found out about LAST night. open 24 hours. randy's. come back? you two know you need more of LA in your life and we are happy to provide that for you.

    ReplyDelete