The Great Wall sure did live up to its name. It was super great! By far my favorite thing that I did while in Beijing. I especially liked the part of the wall that we went to. Many parts of the wall are very touristy & very developed. Lucky for us we booked an "exclusive" tour through our hostel & were able to hike across some of the restored, as well as the unrestored parts of the wall. We only saw three others natives during our time on the wall. Our group included three folks from France, our tour guide & the three of us. Our tour guide was super rad & told us all sorts of cool things about his life all over the world. He especially added fuel to my backpacking Thailand fire. He had a lot of great one liners but my personal favorite went as follows.. "My Swedish business partner got knocked up by Kung Fu monk & had to go back to Sweden. It's weirder than it sounds." I don't know it sounds pretty weird!? Anyways I'd say the whole experience was a feat!













No comments:
Post a Comment