Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

"That's all about this one."

Here are some of the odds & ends of Beijing...

This gentleman & his friends were a good time. We had so much fun bartering with them which was refreshing since a lot of the other sellers in BJ were completely awful. I had one guy refuse to sell me anything just because I was American. I was outraged! Yet these folks gave me hope. 
They had these cool kites all over the place & I was entranced by them. 
Words of wisdom I think.
Unbelievable amounts of homo sapiens everywhere.
Some of the metro stops were pretty.
You guessed it. I will now feature some wonderful food.
Being a tourist is among my favorite things. 
Mango smoothies or bust. Shortly after this picture was taken Jenna spilled it all over herself & then the guy who made it for us blurted out “Kiss me.” So I’d say things went okay.
Yup. 
The first thing we saw after arriving in Beijing was this darling little boy waiving China’s flag. I found it to be the warmest of welcomes.
Our hard seaters from Xian to Beijing were pretty alright considering [even though hard seats really suck] & we made friends with our neighbors. Look how cozy everyone is. I believe I took this around hour ten & things were going pretty alright!
We spent many of hours with this women & ultimately ended up buying her ice cream so that she would give us good deals on our bags. She was a great human. 
They had all sorts of fun food. I tried dog snake & scorpion [Mind you it was moving minutes before I chowed down on it]. Snake was my personal favorite! 
& the natives wonder why we laugh. 
These people terrify me.I'm still unsure of this humans gender. 
Our hostel was very charming & we got a 
private room without having to pay extra money. I was a big fan.
SOOOO many crappy items to purchase.
There were street markets everywhere full of all things good.
 Beijing is very trendy & I kind of love it. 
"That's all about this one."

No comments:

Post a Comment